This page introduces cardiovascular related phenotypes present in mouse lines produced by the IMPC. The cardiovascular system refers to the observable morphological and physiological characteristics of the mammalian heart, blood vessels, or circulatory system that are manifested through development and lifespan.
In order to identify the function of genes, the consortium uses a series of standardised protocols as described in IMPReSS (International Mouse Phenotyping Resource of Standardised Screens).
Heart and vascular function/physiology are measured through several procedures like echocardiography and electrocardiogram and non-invasive blood pressure. Cardiovascular system morphology is assessed through macroscopic and microscopic measurements, like heart weight, gross pathology and gross morphology in both embryo and adult animals. A complete list of protocols and related phenotypes are presented in the table below. Links to impress are provided for more details on the procedure.
Procedures that can lead to relevant phenotype associations
- Echo HRWLLA v1 , HMGULA v1 , IMPC v1
- Electrocardiogram (ECG) UCDLA v1 , ICSLA v1 , JAXLA v1 , IMPC v2 , RBRCLA v1 , HMGULA v1 , HRWLLA v1 , IMPC v1 , BCMLA v1 , TCPLA v1
- Eye Morphology UCDLA v1 , IMPC v2 , BCMLA v1 , IMPC v1 , TCPLA v1 , JAXLA v1 , HRWLLA v1 , RBRCLA v1
- Gross Pathology and Tissue Collection IMPC v2 , IMPC v1
- Heart Dissection M-G-P v1
- Heart Weight IMPC v1
- Heart weight/tibia length ESLIM v1
- Indirect ophthalmoscopy ESLIM v1
- Non-Invasive blood pressure ESLIM v1
- Ophthalmoscope M-G-P v1
- Organ Weight UCD v1 , HRWL v1
- Slit Lamp M-G-P v1 , ESLIM v1
- Gross Morphology Embryo E12.5 IMPC v2 , IMPC v1 , IMPC v3
- Gross Morphology Embryo E14.5-E15.5 IMPC v2 , IMPC v1 , IMPC v3
- Gross Morphology Embryo E18.5 IMPC v3 , IMPC v1 , IMPC v2
- Gross Morphology Embryo E9.5 IMPC v2 , IMPC v1 , IMPC v3
- Gross Morphology Placenta E12.5 IMPC v1
- Gross Morphology Placenta E14.5-E15.5 IMPC v1
- Gross Morphology Placenta E18.5 IMPC v1
- Gross Morphology Placenta E9.5 IMPC v1
- Histopathology Embryo E9.5 IMPC v1
This graph shows genes with a significant effect on at least one cardiovascular system phenotype.
The following diagram represents the various biological system phenotypes associations for genes linked to cardiovascular system phenotypes. The line thickness is correlated with the strength of the association.
Clicking on chosen phenotype(s) on the diagram allow to select common genes. Corresponding gene lists can be downloaded using the download icon.
Gene KO effect comparator for cardiovascular system continuous parameters
This tool allows you to visualize continuous parameters used by the consortium to assess cardiovascular phenotypes. The measurement values are corrected to account for batch effects to represent the true genotype effect thus allowing a side by side comparison/visualisation.
Use this interactive graph and table:
- Drag your mouse pointer on any parameter axis to select a region of interest, while the associated gene/s will be automatically filtered for in the gene table below. You can click on a line to highlight it and filter by procedure from the “Procedures” list. Click on the parameter name to know more about it – you get redirected to the IMPReSS pages.
- Click on any row in the gene table (space next to the gene name) to highlight the corresponding values in the graph above, or click on the gene name to open the associated gene page. When you select a gene row, the parameter name in the graph will change to orange if genotype is significant.
- Click “Clear filters” to return to the default view.