You are here
About the International Knockout Mouse Consortium
The members of the International Knockout Mouse Consortium (IKMC) are working together to
mutate all protein-coding genes in the mouse using a combination of gene trapping and gene
targeting in C57BL/6 mouse embryonic stem (ES) cells.
The IKMC includes the following programs:
- Knockout Mouse Project (KOMP) (USA)
- CSD, a collaborative team at the Children's Hospital Oakland Research Institute (CHORI), the Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute and the University of California at DavisSchool of Veterinary Medicine , led by Pieter deJong, Ph.D., CHORI, along with K. C. Kent Lloyd, D.V.M., Ph.D., UC Davis; and Allan Bradley, Ph.D. FRS, and William Skarnes, Ph.D., at the Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute.
- Regeneron, a team at the VelociGene division of Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc., led by David Valenzuela, Ph.D. and George D. Yancopoulos, M.D., Ph.D.
- European Conditional Mouse Mutagenesis Program (EUCOMM) (Europe)
- EUCOMM: Tools for Functional Annotation of the Mouse Genome (EUCOMMTOOLS) (Europe)
- North American Conditional Mouse Mutagenesis Project (NorCOMM) (Canada)
- Texas A&M Institute for Genomic Medicine (TIGM) (USA)